Sunday, November 30, 2008

Shopping

Kmart is having a sale this week where they will double all your coupons up to and including $2. So if you have a coupon for $2 off something, you'll actually save $4. I don't live near a Kmart, but I was at my MIL's today and she's only a few blocks away from one. So off I went this morning with my big binder of coupons. I managed to get some really good deals. I was tickled. I got lots of stuff that was free after the coupon, and several things that were very good deals on stuff we use every single day, like diapers, toilet paper, and ziploc bags for Scott's lunch. Of course, it took forever because I wasn't nearly as organized as I should have been. But I saved over a hundred dollars and filled up my trunk with stuff that I actually wanted and needed. Very, very cool.

OK, I dug out my receipts and here's what I got.

1 Toy for Zoe (Was $10, I got it free)
2 Max Factor Lipgloss (Free because it was mismarked on the shelf)
1 Tweezers (Free)
1 Emery Boards (Free)
3 First Aid tapes (Free)
2 First Aid gauze pads (Free)
1 First Aid rolled gauze (Free)
1 Large Size Pert Shampoo (Free)
1 Cascade Rinse Aid (Free)
1 Mr. Clean spray (Free)
3 Revlon Nail Polishes (.19 each)
2 Wet Ones tubs (.29 each)
6 Hershy bars (.33 each)
2 Sun Maid Raisins 6-packs (.79 each)
3 Reynolds Aluminum Foil (.99 each)
2 Novelty pens for Caly (1.00 each)
2 Sets of Ziploc Containers (1.00 each)
10 cans ravioli (1.09 each -- not great but Zaven's fav snack)
2 Boxes of Ziploc Sandwich Bags (1.19 each)
1 Magic Eraser 2-pack (1.29)
3 Boxes of Tampax (2.16 each)
1 Mr. Cleam liquid (2.29, but came with the free spray)
1 Cascade 16 ct. Dishwasher pack (2.99)
2 Cottonelle mega-roll TP 6-pack (2.99 each)
1 Wisk Detergent (3.49)
2 Scott double-roll TP 6-packs (3.99 each)
4 Pullups Overnights (7.74 each)
2 large boxes of Baby wipes (8.99 each, but that's how I got the free toy)

$118.47 out of pocket, but $63 of it was diapers, wipes, and toilet paper and $9.50 was tax. So, if we can just manage to stop having bodily functions and paying taxes, that would cut our bills by 60%.

No comments: