Friday, April 16, 2010

Avoiding the fire by jumping into the frying pan.

I should be cleaning house. I NEED to clean house. It's a total wreck. But I hate cleaning. On top of that my stove is currently disassembled and all over the kitchen floor, the kitchen faucet has quit except for a small dribble, and my dishwasher is only getting the things on the bottom rack clean. So what should be a simple job of loading the dishes now involves walking through the kitchen on tiptoes so as to avoid stepping on the stove, washing half-loads in the dishwasher, and carrying water in from the bathroom.

Of course I have no similar excuse for not doing laundry. I just don't feel like it.

So... instead of cleaning, I'm sorting a bunch of our clothes and de-cluttering the closets. It won't result in a clean home, clean clothes, or clean dishes. And it involves as much work as doing the dishes and more than doing the laundry. So it doesn't exactly make sense. It just feels slightly less futile.

3 comments:

legendswife said...

ohh...I so feel ya! Are we sailing in the same boat:) It's amazing though the good feeling we have once its all done.

God Bless
http://thewaywehomeschool.blogspot.com

Tara said...

I do the same thing. My husband is the master of it. If I give him something to do he will happily take on a job three times as hard just to avoid the one he should do, lol.

LuckyOnce said...

I'm thinking that you should bring your dishes to the washing machine and just stack them in there to clean them... Makes sense to me!! :)

Seriously though, who would have motivation to clean when you're up against so much!!?? Good luck.