Sunday, February 1, 2009

And so we move on to February...

Tonight was a sad night. Caly had a good day yesterday. She's finally feeling well and she invited a friend over to spend the night. Then tonight her boyfriend called. Make that ex-boyfriend. He broke up with her. She was stunned. She so did not see it coming. She's so sad now, and of course there's nothing I can do to make it any better. But I feel bad for him too, believe it or not. Even though he didn't handle the break up well or even talk to her and tell her that he was unhappy and give her a chance to work on it. Because he's just a kid, same as she is. And falling in love and dating are hard even for grown-ups. So even though she really, really loved him she didn't always let him know. And even though he seemed to feel the exact same way about her, he didn't know how to deal with the differences in how they expressed it.

Anyhow, I know it's not the end of the world. I'm just sad to see her so brokenhearted.

Other than that today has been a decent day. We didn't get squat done, and we really needed to. The house is kind of trashed from all six of us being trapped in it 24/7 for almost a week. The ice storm did a lot of damage to the trees in our yard so there are branches down that we'll have to start dealing with soon. But my parents treated Scott and I to a movie this afternoon and that was nice. We saw Slumdog Millionaire and I enjoyed it much more than I expected.

School starts back tomorrow. I don't know if that makes me happy or sad.

1 comment:

Tara said...

Poor Caly, heartbreak is never easy, regardless of age.