Tuesday, June 9, 2009

JC Penny's

If you aren't on their mailing list, go sign up. They send you a $10 off any $10 or more purchase every month. I just got back and I'm so happy with my trip. They had a bunch of stuff marked down on clearance -- the green ticket clearance which is supposedly the final markdown. Only all clearance stuff was 20% off. And then I had my $10 coupon which works on clearance stuff. And I had a 15% coupon because I filled out the online survey about my last purchase there. Sooooo... I bought $248 worth of clothes (at their original highly marked up price) and my total was $15.18. That's including tax. That's 94% off, folks!

So what did I get? Clothes for Caly. Her birthday is this week so I got her two tanktops, two tie-dye skirts, a t-shirt, two dressy tops that would be perfect for a school dance, and a pair of boot cut jeans. The tank tops were $1.19 each. Everything else (including the jeans!) was $1.99 each after all the discounts. Whoo-hoo!

3 comments:

Tara said...

I can't even tell you how much I love JC Penney's! I did all of Saige's school clothes shopping last year for under $10 using those coupons strategically. I only get them 4 times a year though. I get a $10 of $25 every month though.

Karen said...

Tara, make sure you sign up at www.jcpsurvey.com and www.jcprewards.com

The survey one gives you a 15% off coupon that CAN be combined with other coupons, and the rewards site sends you rewards based on your spending. You can earn up to $10 a month based on your spending. I don't spend that much in the store, but I try to lump it all into one month so that I get a reward.

LuckyOnce said...

WOW! Good for you!