Sunday, July 26, 2009

The chaos

This week has been a bit crazy. Quinn hasn't felt well. He had a fever and diarrhea and was just in a bad mood. Of course because he was moody he refused anything that wasn't exactly the way he wanted it. That means he wouldn't eat much, wouldn't take medication, wouldn't calm down.... It was not a fun week. About the only thing he did cooperate with was diaper changing. And he kind of cooperated too much. He's almost three now. He's SO ready to potty train. He is fully aware of what's going on with his body. He'll bring me a clean diaper, the box of wipes, then say, "You got a dirty butt?" Sometimes he'll bring me a diaper a few minutes BEFORE he needs it. But hell if he's willing to sit on a potty. He hates them. So for now we're just sticking with diapers.

Other than that nothing is going on. And I do mean nothing. Upward Bound ended yesterday so Scott is done working, Zaven is back home, and there are no plans. None. Caly is still out of town, but the rest of us are just sitting back, taking a deep breath, and trying to catch our breath. There are a lot of projects in the works... but we'll start them all in a few days. Right now we're trying to adjust to the sudden absence of pressure. Upward Bound is almost like a force of nature in our summers so when it ends you just need a few days. I wish I could explain UB to you. I'll try to soon. It deserves a post of it's own. But right now I can't wrap my head around it enough to put it into words. That and I really have a ton of housework to catch up on. With Quinn sick (and screaming constantly) I just let everything fall to the wayside. I really, really need to go do some dishes and laundry and take the trash out. Sigh. Wouldn't it be nice if housecleaning ended too?

3 comments:

LuckyOnce said...

The housework is a constant with just three of us! I'm sure for you it must be incredible.

I'm glad you've got a chance to catch your breath now. Sounds like you have a lot going on!

Azaera said...

Sucks when your little one is sick. As for the potty training, you can train him pretty quickly by letting him run around naked (sans diaper) for a while. It seems kind of mean (and it's a bit of work because you have to watch him and take him to the potty as soon as you see him peeing) but it usually works pretty well. The kids tend to notice their wet and that the diaper isn't cathcing it. Just make sure you catch him before he goes number 2! Haha. Anyway whatever method you go with good luck.

Tara said...

Oh, poor baby. I hope he is feeling better now.