Monday, March 31, 2008

Colors

As you may have noticed, I changed the colors on the blog. Actually, I changed the colors and removed the logos, and changed the background colors, too. I wanted it to be bright and cheerful, but the background was grey and depressing. So I went to the customization page and changed the colors. Then I saw that it didn't change the background so I went back and realized that the only way I had the option of changing the background was to start over with another template or to edit it in HTML. Well I wasn't about to start over 'cause I just did all that work and got it the way I wanted it. But I know nothing about html. So I left it.

But the next time I logged on, there was that grey looking back at me and I thought I just don't want to be responsible for people looking at a grey screen. So I started experimenting. As it turns out, changing the colors using html isn't hard at all. You just look for where it says color:# followed by some numbers or letters. And when you put in different numbers or letters, you get different colors. Fun, really.

I try not to let little things intimidate me. I mean, if I screw it up, the worst that can happen is I have to start over. And I just don't like grey.

I put on my description of myself that I like to paint. I do. But mostly it's because I like to make things bright and shiny and colorful. I like to paint pictures, but I also like to paint walls and cabinets and fingernails. And this was a lot like painting. First it was boring and grey, now it's colorful and bright. And I am happy.

No comments: