Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Grrrrumble

That's the sound my tummy keeps making today. I think the house will not be clean for the home visit because I am not feeling well. But that's just the way it'll have to be. Zoe's teachers are really quite nice and they aren't judgemental about that sort of thing at all. I just hate that it's always a wreck and having company coming (even if only for an official visit) is a good incentive to clean. Not so good that I am willing to clean while sick, though.

On a brighter note, I'm happily enjoying my Easter and Christmas presents. Last summer, I won a free mp3 player online. I never win things online. I win in real life, but not online. But I won an mp3 player and decided not to give it to the kids for their birthdays, but to give it to myself at Christmas. And it's been in my dresser since Christmas while I waited around trying to decide what I wanted to listen to. I like music, but I never buy it. I just listen to the radio. And I didn't want to go out and spend money that I couldn't spare to buy music to put on the player. But I don't really believe in downloading it for free. I don't judge those who do, but I know that if people were stealing the product of my work it wouldn't matter to me that I had plenty of money, it would still bother me. So I don't download it if I don't pay for it or get it free through a promotion.

But, I finally decided that as much as I like music, I would much prefer to listen to an audiobook. With toddlers around I never get to just read. Not the way I'd like to, anyway. So for Easter I gave myself an audiobook that I bought on ebay. It's Small Favor, one of the Dresden File books by Jim Butcher. I've read it before, but just one time and with an insane amount of interuptions. I didn't get to soak it in. But it's exactly the kind of book I like. It's funny and exciting and action packed and... did I mention funny? He's fighting the three billy goats gruff! I get tickled just thinking about it. Anyhow, last night I ripped the CD's and synched my mp3 player and I've been able to listen on and off today to distract myself from my tummy troubles. I may have to order the others in the series.

No comments: