Saturday, March 28, 2009

Year two may now commence.

I just realized that I've been blogging for a year. A year! I really should update those pictures.

I can't say for certain what I've accomplished with this blog. I haven't made any money at it, but then again I haven't really tried. I haven't saved the world with it. But we all know that the proper way to save the world is to start by saving the cheerleader. And I haven't done that either. Potentially I could do those things. But I haven't tried. We have no idea what would happen if I tried.

What I have tried to do is to enjoy myself and keep a loose record of all the crazyness of my life. And I think I've done that. I like blogging, and the more I do it, the more I like it. Plus I'm starting to get better about updating this thing. I'm also starting to think more seriously about making a bit of money with it. No, I'm not looking to get rich. I think if I did this "professionally" I'd lose a lot of the enjoyment that I have with it. But I like the idea that something I do for fun could manage to earn me dinner and a movie every now and again. So I think for year two, I'm going to make that my goal. If I do it right, I'll pay for my birthdayversary celebration next year with my earnings.

Year three will be concentrated on finding and saving that pesky cheerleader.

1 comment:

Tara said...

Happy Blogaversay!