Sunday, May 17, 2009

Awesome Rite Aid Week

I went to Rite Aid this morning and was paid to take things home. Here's what I bought:

Bayer quick release crystals $3.99
Alaway eye drops $7.99
Suave deodorant $2.00
Saline wound wash $5.49
Dry Idea deodorant $5.99

I used a $5 off $25 coupon that I printed
A $4 Alaway coupon
A $0.50 Suave deodorant coupon
A $1 peelie from the wound wash
And a $1 Dry Idea deodorant coupon
I couldn't find my Bayer coupon, but when I do, I can take my receipt in and get an extra dollar.

So, after taxes it would have been $27.
I used $11.50 in coupons, bringing it down to $15.50.
And I'll be getting $24 in rebates.
So I got paid $8.50 to take that stuff home. And when I find that coupon I'll get another dollar.

Of course, I picked up a newspaper while I was there, and a soda for Scott, and butterfly bandages for Zaven's hand. So really, I only got about $2.33 profit. But in a way, that makes it even cooler to me. Because even after taxes and me adding a few things to the cart, I still made a profit. I'm so impressed with it.

On an unrelated note, things are going much better today. We worked a fair bit on the house in the morning, and nobody got hurt and nobody broke anything around the house. We didn't get done nearly as much as we needed to, but I've decided that Sunday evenings need to be just for resting. We all need a break sometimes and if we wait until everything is perfect we'd never get one. Zaven and Caly have swim team practices after school almost every day. Between swim, dinner, and homework we don't have a lot of time during the week. On busy evenings, I let the chores slide. But they often want to spend Friday or Saturday night at a friend's house or go to a school dance or a ball game. That means that we can't take Sundays entirely off. But I don't want to start the week frazzled and worn out either. So starting last week I decided to that even though we needed to do some work on Sundays, we'll all call it quits in the late afternoon. After 4 pm, we just veg in front of the TV or read or talk or whatever. But no more work. Fortunately, the swim team won't meet all next week so they'll have a bit more time to chip in during the week to make up for Saturday. At least I hope it works that way. Cross your fingers.

As to my MIL, I wanted to point out that I usually get along with her great. And she did volunteer to babysit Zoe and Quinn while Scott and I took Zaven and Caly to the drive-in. But I've learned that every now and then she'll start a big project because she knows that if Scott sees her do something he doesn't think she can handle, he'll jump in and help her. I've learned to just let her do it, even if she does get in trouble. She doesn't say anything about it when I just sit and watch her struggle. What could she say anyway? Why aren't you helping me after you told me that you wouldn't help? Anyhow I was really proud of Scott for not just helping when she started up with the window. And I don't want you all to think that she's like that most of the time. 90% of the time she's the sweetest woman in the world. I just don't know what's up with the other 10%.

1 comment:

Azaera said...

Relaxing on Sundays sounds like a good idea. Glad to hear your MIL is usually pretty good. My in-laws are a pain.