Friday, May 1, 2009

Rite Aid

I mentioned recently that if you're into couponing you need to shop at a drug store. They seem more expensive. They ARE more expensive, but they also have better promotional offers. By shopping carefully, you can get a lot of freebies at drug stores. I shop regularly at two: Rite Aid and Walgreens. Walgreens is in the process of changing some of their programs so I don't want to explain how everything works only to have it change before you even get a chance to try it out. Soooo, I'm going to wait a few weeks on that post and instead explain how to get the biggest bang for the buck at Rite Aid.


Rite Aid has a rebate program online. It's super easy to use. Just go http://www.riteaid.com/ and on the left hand side you'll see a list of links to various promotions. Just under the words "In Our Stores" you'll see a link to Single Check Rebates. Click it, then click again under the words "Sign Up" to, well, sign up. Like I said, it's kind of a no-brainer. Once you've signed up (only needs name, address, e-mail, username, and password), then you can start using the program.

The program is really simple to use. Basically, you shop for items advertised in a monthly rebate flyer (available online and in the stores), then you enter some basic info from your receipt online. As you can see, there are only a few things to enter. Very, very easy.

After you enter the receipt, you have to wait a day or two for it to be approved. Don't throw away your receipt until it's been approved because it's an actual human who approves it so sometimes there are mistakes. You can get them fixed, but you'll need your receipt.


Lately, Rite Aid has also been sending folks coupons for $5 off a $25 purchase. There's one out now that's good through the month of May. The link is http://content.riteaid.com/rabrand/email_coupon_4G.pdf The last time I tried to link one of their coupons, Blogger did something to the link. It worked for a while, then one day it didn't. If this doesn't lead you to the coupon, please let me know and I'll fix the link.

3 comments:

Azaera said...

Darn I wish you lived in Canada cause none of this stuff applies to me. heh :(

Karen said...

I'll keep an eye out for Canadian deals for you. The same principals apply there, though. Check out your local drug stores and ask if they have a rebate program or any special money saving programs. You'd be surprised how many of them do.

LuckyOnce said...

Thanks! I printed the coupon (I used one last week too, that I got for signing up for the rebate thing.) I've shopped the drug store deals for the past few weeks and have gotten a few necessities for a steal. :)