Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Children at night

About 9:30 pm all hell broke loose over here. Nothing much was wrong. They just all fell apart. Caly gave Zoe a pink princess mirror just before she (Caly) headed to bed. And Zaven just disappeared. No goodnight, no nothing. He just saw the storm coming and got the hell out of Dodge and went to bed. Then Zoe and Quinn started screaming. Quinn was screaming because it was bedtime. Zoe was screaming because in her enthusiasm to not sleep, not cooperate, and not be in her own bed, she put the mirror on my bed, then got in my bed and stood on it. It broke, of course. She wasn't hurt, but she was soooo upset. And thus began the screaming. Somehow I got them both in their room, in their beds, and I started singing very softly. After a while, they got tired of screaming and settled in a bit. Zoe fell asleep first. And Quinn just kept saying, "Children at night. Children at night."

2 comments:

Azaera said...

Oh my goodness. Sounds like the day I had on Monday trying to drag the two kids to the park with one (single not double) stroller. It was a bit rough. I bet your night was worse though. Hopefully things are easier tonight.

LuckyOnce said...

Oh no! Sounds like you should threaten them with an earlier bedtime! :) (D goes to bed at 7, and I'm not looking forward to the day when he's older and going to bed later. I love my me-time at night!)