Thursday, May 28, 2009

Crossing my fingers.

So far, this week has been kind of crazy. Zoe graduated from preschool this morning and I'll be posting pictures of that next week if I can. Meanwhile Quinn has developed a runny nose and a cough. I think probably his bad mood that I mentioned a few days ago has been mostly because of being sick. Now that I know he's sick, I can give him some medicine and it seems to calm him down as well as make his cough go away.

Housecleaning, though much needed, has been on the back burner. There's just too much going on and I'm kind of burned out on it. Instead, I've been catching up with a friend of mine who's been in the hospital. She's going to be OK, but she's been really sick. She's home now, but she's still really sick. Her doctors are incompetant. I'm hoping she'll be switching doctors soon because at the rate things are going, she's going to get killed by their inability to actually look at her records. On top of all the things they've failed to do for her, they are also failing to notice that she has drug allergies. They keep prescribing things to her that could be fatal. Nice, huh?

The party plans are going well. We need to clean house. But I've got a lot of the stuff done that I wanted to get done. I bought the movie (The Terminator) and the stuff to make pizzas and the drinks and plates and forks and cake mixes. I also bought some cool decorations. I found a place online that sells balloon that have LED lights in them. Fill them with helium and they glow in the dark and blink. And we're giving all the kids flashlights to explore the woods on the farm in the dark and they'll get to take those home if they want. Teens don't really want party favors and decorations, but I think they'll like these. I've figured out that about half of the people he invited will be able to make it. That's actually the perfect amount for me. Ten teenagers in the living room means barely enough room to move. Five means they can hang out and goof off and we don't have to rearrange the furniture or anything.

Ooops! Quinn just woke up. Got to run. I'll post Sunday and let you all know how it went. Wish me luck.

No comments: