Sunday, May 24, 2009

I take it back.

Despite my last post, things have turned around nicely. Quinn settled down a lot. I still don't know what was wrong, but whatever it was seems to have passed. Meanwhile Zaven has really, really stepped up and worked hard to help get the house ready for his party. We've gotten so much done, mostly thanks to his efforts. There's still a lot to do, but it now seems doable. It's cleaner than it's been in months! And since I'll be having a birthday party every few weeks for the next two months, I'm hoping that the idea of people coming over regularly will inspire us to keep it clean and to continue to make progress on improving it. Wish us luck!

2 comments:

LuckyOnce said...

I have two "standing dates" every week (people who come over every week) and they really do help me keep my house clean. It's one thing to live in clutter on your own, but another thing to admit to visitors that your house isn't always immaculate! I totally get it!

Glad that the old Quinn is back. :)

Karen said...

Exactly! I should do what you do and have people over at least once a week. When Zaven was in cub scouts we had the weekly meetings here and it helped tremendously.